A Great Leader like Lee Kuan Yew (1923 - 2015), will Always Be Remembered

Many Singaporeans just can't help, but mourn the death of our Founder/Architect of Modern Singapore, Mr Lee Kuan Yew. 

His contributions to Singapore and his people were immense and elaborate. His style of Government was meritocracy and deliverance. He left behind us a living legacy at a price that he committed his whole life building a first-class nation. 

He was destined to celebrate 50 years of Independence this August 9, a festive mood which had dampened after his passing on Monday, March 23 early morning at 3:18 am.

Mr Lee was indeed a great man. We Singaporeans were fortunate to have him. He was more than a political leader and a promoter of Singapore. Most of us would not have enjoyed this impeccable standard of living and high rate of literacy. 

Many more will miss and love him more when his works and commitments to every Singaporean were revealed. Many marvel at how Singapore can transform to a metropolis in less than 50 years. He was a legendary hero and well-respected by world leaders.

To me, I've lost a friend. I may not know him personally, but through his son, I was blessed. Mr Lee Hsien Loong, son of Mr Lee Kuan Yew presented me a Lifetime Star Award for my Excellent Service in 2006. 

Since then I worked even harder and improved even further. 
My family owes to Mr Lee and his family for recognition and national identity.
I'd lived through turbulent times and participated events in support of the government. 

My thoughts of him lived on. May Mr Lee Kuan Yew, Rest In Peace!

No comments: